Healthier Mug Cake

What to do when you're in a hurry and need to make breakfast for a teenager? Make a cake!! More precisely a mug-cake.

What I've done is I've made it a little bit healthier. I used turbinado (raw) sugar, substituted some of the flour for oat bran and added protein powder for flavor instead of using vanilla. It provides a good amount of carbs to kickstart your day along with very needed protein. And which teenager doesn't love chocolate chips??

It's a complete winner! And ready in just minutes.


Ingredients

2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoons oat bran
1 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoons chocolate chips





Preparation

Measure and mix the dry ingredients in a wide mounth coffe mug. Add the milk and oil, mix thoroughly. Stir in 3/4 of the chocolate chips. Decorate top with remaining chips. Microwave for 1 minute and a half (more or less depending on your particular microwave). Enjoy!!

Nutrition

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber
320 37.8 12.1 17.4 0.9


Get Recipe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mushroom and Broccoli Couscous

Peru 3 – Pisac y Saqsayhuaman

I am most grateful about...